What's in the brown bag?
niche [ nich ] NOUN 1. suitable place for somebody: a position or activity that particularly suits somebody's talents and personality or that somebody can make his or her own
"She carved out her own niche in the industry."
I'm supposed to know what my niche is or else I'm not going to be a successful blogger.
I started to put a poll up and ask The Peanut Gallery, The Crickets and The Choir what they would like me to consistently write about. But the Crickets are my biggest audience and they probably wouldn't take the poll. The Peanut Gallery would tell me something I don't want to hear and The Choir would tell me to keep doing what I'm doing.
Still not knowing what my niche is bothers me and I can't write a twit worthy bio tweet for my tweeps to retweet me. My only purpose in starting this blog, was to start writing again. Check.
"Mixed bag" pretty much sums up what I write about here. I write a sporadic storytelling publication and it's a mixed bag of sporadic stuff. Tweet that.
- Sometimes I write poetry when I'm in a daydreaming place
- Sometimes I brain dump something people need to know
- Sometimes I have a recipe
- Sometimes I inspire
- Sometimes I'm just keepin' it real
- Sometimes I market The Christopher Chronicles
- Sometimes I write about geek stuff
- Sometimes the post is about my girls, Me, Myself and I
- Sometimes I make people laugh and aww in the same post
- Unless she really had to go, this post, made a commenter say she almost "peed her pants"
In scouring my blog for my niche, in my mixed bag apparently I'm funny? The comments I get include: Hilarious, Too Funny, LOL, LMBO, ROTFLMBO.
I don't know about that.
I have a dry, sarcastic sense of humor that usually gets a look of confusion or a delayed reaction of laughter, followed by "girl you are a mess!"
So what's in my brown bag today?
Here's the thing... It's still a box of CHOCOLATES (you never know what you're going to get) and I'm cool with that.