Weight Watchers Pet Peeves
"You don't need to lose anymore weight."
I was home for a visit this weekend. On Friday night daddy exclaims, "I can tell you're losing weight. You don't need to lose anymore." I can't remember if I sarcastically said thanks, ignored him or told him to be quiet.
"How many points was THAT?"
By Sunday we were having breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I had ordered the Multi-Berry pancakes, and a side order of hash brown casserole. I gave Christopher the eggs and meat. When I was finished eating daddy asked, "How many points was THAT?" I said, "I don't know!" He said, "I betcha won't write about THAT in your blog." I thought to myself, I betcha I will.
10 comments that are my Weight Watchers pet peeves
- "You don't need to lose weight." If I can't fit the clothes in my closet, then, yes I do.
- "You don't need to lose any more weight." - I'll stop when I can comfortably fit the clothes in my closet everyday of the month.
- "Should you be eating that?" You're the elephant in the room.
- "Have you given up on Weight Watchers?" No. I'm taking the week off. Leave me alone.
- "How many points was that?" This information is on a need to know basis. If you're not on Weight Watchers then you don't need to know.
- "How much weight have you lost?" Asked when it's obvious you haven't lost any or you've gained some back.
- "Diets don't work." It worked for me twelve years ago. I lost 29 pounds. I kept 20 off for 8 years and during that time I had a baby.
- "I know Krispy Kreme donuts aren't on Weight Watchers." Leave me alone.
- "Are you going to share dessert with me? You know you want to." I'll nod affirmatively. "I knew I wouldn't have to twist your arm." Shut up.
- "Let's eat some ice cream." UGH! Thank you for your support.
CLAIMER: Everyday people are guilty for #1. My daddy is guilty of numbers 2 - 7 and my husband is the guilty for numbers 8 - 10.
These are all things I've learned as a result of being on Weight Watchers. When you have been through the experience yourself, you know what questions not to ask, and what comments not to make. As with a pregnant woman, if she says she has two months left, its not helpful to tell her she looks like she could go any day. Get it? You're liable to get punched in the face.
Here's the thing... I have no traveling this week, no PMS, no occasions for restaurants, no taxes to munch to. I'm really hoping for a breakthrough.
Week Eight: Lost 0 lbs Total Loss: 6.5 lbs
Join me next Wednesday for another edition of Weight Watchers Wednesday.