It's been 30 years...
It was the summer of 1988 that I graduated from high school. This weekend, we are having our 30th High School Reunion. THIRTYFREAKINYEARS!
Facebook classmates have been sharing old photos leading up to the event. That's me in the Pepsi shirt.
In lack of preparation for this post (because I'm packing), I pulled something from facebook...
Your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!!!! Let's have FUN!
1. The year? 1988
2. Own a Letterman jacket? No. I earned a letter and sewed mine on a sweater.
3. What kind of car did you have? Um I didn't get my license until I was 19.
4. Friday night football games? Homecoming for sure. Not so much the other's because I had to take my little brother and he was a nuisance.
5. What kind of job? Cashier at The Fresh Market
7. Were you considered a jock? No
8. Were you in the band? No
9. Were you a nerd? No
10. Do you still live in same school district? No
11. Can you sing the school fight song? Um no
12. What was your school mascot? Raider
13. If you could, would you go back and do it again? Nope!
14. Are you still in contact with people from your high school? Mostly through Facebook
15. Do you know where your high school sweetheart is? So I've heard, he's not in a good place.
16. What was your favorite subject? Journalism
17. Do you still have your High School ring? Never got one
18. Do you still have your yearbook? Yes
19. Goodie two shoes or rebel? Neither
20. Regrets? Not paying attention in history because I love it now.
So that's a wrap for this prompt! Did any of my answers surprise you?
I keep saying over and over, "I can't believe it's been thirty years!" Except for the occasional back spasm and the careful way I have to rise from the bed each morning, I don't feel thirty years old.
This was a Finish the Sentence Friday share. It's the standard prompt for Week 1 of the Finish the Sentence Friday writing community. I'm co-hosting with Kristi Campbell of Finding Ninee and this week we are finishing the sentence, "It was the summer of..."
Join us for next week's FTSF prompt, a Listicle post, where we will share "10 things I worry about".