What's for dinner?
It's free! (kinda) I hate totally dislike being asked that question. Additionally, cooking is not on my top 10 list of fun things to do. I often seek out recipes in the food apps I have installed on my phone. This is one app I keep coming back to. This is a great recipe/meal planning app called Food on the Table.
With this app you can pick a recipe based on the type of food and go from there. For the recipe below, I chose "shellfish". The app brings up a nice selection of recipes in the shellfish category. When you click on the recipe you have a choice to add the ingredients to a shopping list.
Now you know the saying, "You get what you pay for"....if you try to add more than 3 recipes to the grocery list in a week the app you will prompt you suggesting to upgrade from the free plan. There are plenty of recipes to choose from in this app without purchasing the upgrade. You also have the option to e-mail the recipe. E-mails to myself have often served as a shopping list.
Peppery Shrimp and Rice
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (tablespoon) canola oil
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (15.0 ounce can) tomato sauce
- 1/2 (cup) sherry or chicken broth
- 1 (tablespoon) chili sauce
- 2 (teaspoon) sugar
- 2 (teaspoon) dried basil
- 1 (teaspoon) dried oregano
- 1/2 (teaspoon) crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 (pound) cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 (cup) cooked rice